Saturday, October 27, 2012

Romeo Void

First day of high school. Pearl was thrilled. She ran out to the school bus before it even honked it's horn. "Good morning Ms. Mail Lady! Lilly, hurry up, you're gonna be late!"



While the girls were at school, Kenneth won a trip for two, much like Homer had. He immediately agreed, as did Lisa. After a quick call to the girls, they left for their private time together. Lisa looked out the window. "Think they'll be okay? They wont throw any parties or anything, right?" Kenneth paused. "We have insurance, right?"


The girls already had plans, however, for what they'd do while their parents were gone. "Pearl, you start cleaning and call up the repairman. We need the TV and radio fixed. I'll call up folks, okay?" "Got it!"


Pearl immediately stopped and rang up the repairman. While she could have probably fixed the items herself, she didn't want to risk getting electrocuted before their big teen party.


Meanwhile Lilly called up the guests. This was going to be great. Their birthday party was only a few days ago so those kids should still be teens... Right?


After she was done calling people, she went and helped Pearl clean up the house.


Soon the guests began to arrive. At first I didn't notice anything strange other than the change of clothes.


It wasn't until Pearl went to speak to Gator that I realized something. These kids weren't teens anymore... They were young adults! Are you serious!? Is everyone who comes to my house for a party going to age up? Argh, I give up!


Lilly didn't seem to mind, however as she had a nice conversation with this guy and Gator. I don't know what his name was.


Pearl was showing off her dance moves when Gator walked in. Alright! Now I can really show off my stuff!


Unfortunately, Gator passed right by her and started dancing with this chick. Poor Pearl...


Not long after, Pearl got a call that a neighbor had been spying on them and called the cops. "Guys! Guys you have to get out! The cops are coming!" They laughed. "So? We're adults."


"I'm being serious! That's just the problem! You guys are adults in some teen kid's house and their parents are gone. You have to get out!" "Hey, careful where you point that finger, kid..." The crowd reluctantly left.


Pearl grumbled as she started reading a book. "Well that sucked..." Lilly laughed. "Yep! But hey, what ever right?" "I guess but Gator will never notice me now." "Pfft, you don't need that scaly wolf. You can so do better." Pearl scoffed. "Better with what! That was pretty much all the guys even close to our age!"


Just then a police officer walked right in. "Uh.. hi..." Pearl slowly looked up at him.


"Hello there miss. We got a call complaining that there was some wild party going on next door." Lilly gulped. Uh oh...


Pearl simply smiled at him. "We were sitting here reading and playing games. Nothing more, officer."


"Well it doesn't look like anythings going on here anyway. Just keep in mind that if you did have a party, you could get in some serious trouble. Especially with your parents gone." She nodded. "Yes sir. No worries there." "Good. And make sure to lock you doors, okay?" Pearl nodded and watched him leave.


Lilly grinned at Pearl. "Nice." Pearl sighed. "You nearly got us, ME in trouble. Whatever, let's do our homework, okay?" "Yeah, sure."


"Hey, we should totally throw another party tomorrow."


Pearl scowled. "No way. Besides, all of the so called teenagers we'd invite are no longer teens. So forget about it." "Yeah I guess."


After their parents came home, they got a notice that the prom would be coming up soon. "Lilly, what are we going to do? We have no dates and there are no boys to ask out. At least none that I've seen."


"Don't worry about it sis! Even if we don't have dates, it will be a good time anyway. Besides, we may see someone between now and then."


"Yeah I guess it will be okay... Thanks Lilly... At least you'll be there with me."


In no time at all, it was the day of the prom. Neither one of the girls had dates but Lilly convinced Pearl to go with her anyway. Lilly quickly got changed and ran out the door.


Pearl had been playing with Ella. "Alright Ella, down you go. Looks like the limo is here. I wish you could be my date, Ella." "Ruff!"


Pearl put on a smile after getting changed. "You never know though! Maybe I will have a good time." The girls had a so-so time at the prom. Pearl had fun on the dance floor and got crowned prom queen, but she didn't get to dance with any boys. Nor did Lilly and she ended up getting in a fight. Though I expected that.


The next day, Pearl sighed angrily as she watched television. "You know what, Lilly? There are no boys for us here. Like none. When we grow up, we should move to a new town. It'd be hard to leave mom and dad but... I feel so stuck here!" Lilly laughed. "Yeah I know what you mean. Are you saying both of us should go?" Pearl poked her fingers together. "Well... It'd be nice to have at least someone I know with me..." Lilly smirked. "Yeah I guess I could live with ya. We should talk to mom and dad about it though." Pearl sighed. "You're right."


Towards night, Pearl and Lilly sat down to play video games with Kenneth. "Hey dad... Lilly and I were thinking that we might move to a new town when we grow up..." He blinked. "What...? Oh..." Kenneth paused before smirking. "No luck with the boys?"


Pearl sighed and looked down. Lilly laughed. "You got that right! There's no one here our age and even older ones are such toads!" "Lilly..." Kenneth laughed. "I kind of know what you mean. I was lucky to have your mom."


"While I'd be upset to see you girls go, I can understand. But you'll have to talk to your mom about it." Pearl nodded. "Okay. Thanks dad." He smiled. "I love you both very much. If moving will make you happy, then go ahead. Just know that we'll be here for you if you want to come back."


When Lisa got home from work, Pearl went to talk with her. "Hey mom... Lilly and I were thinking of moving after graduation. I mean like, moving to a new town."


Lisa was immediately upset. "Really...? But... But I wont get to take part in your weddings or... Or see my grandbabies! And you two would be out there all alone!"


Pearl smiled. "It's okay mom... Really... I just feel like Lilly and I need a change of scenery... A new place to.. Spread out wings. Besides, all the cute boys are gone." Lisa couldn't help but chuckle a little at this.


"Yes I suppose you're right... But you'll call me or email me or send me letters?" "All the time mom. You guys could always move with us?" She shook her head. "No... No I like it here. But thanks..." Lisa gave her a hug. "I just hope you two will be okay out there on your own." Pearl giggled. "Well you and dad made it, didn't you? I'm sure we can too."




No comments:

Post a Comment