Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Generation Two: Artsy Fartsy

"A new beginning... A new place... This house is as empty as my heart, for I am all alone."



Lisa cleared her throat. "I'm right here you know." That's right. Lisa and Kenneth moved in together in a beautiful new house. After Kenneth's mother Allison had sold the house, she gave them enough money to get the house of their dreams, keeping some for herself and Nick of course. Don't worry I'm sure she gave Emma something too...


"That drama filled self pity doesn't suit you. Why not write something happy like a kids book?" Kenneth scoffed. "I do not write for children." "Whatever, I'm going to go work on my musical skills..."


Lisa soon came back in to the living room. "You know what? I think I'm going to go play in the park for tips. Want to come?" "Surrounded by people I don't know while they look over my shoulder at my work? I'll pass..." Lisa rolled her eyes. "Oh come on. It wont be that bad. Some fresh air will do you good. Pleeeaaase Kenny? Come keep me company..." Kenneth scrunched up his face. "It's Kenneth! And fine, I'll come with you..."


While Kenneth wrote in his notebook, Lisa began to play the guitar for tips in the park.


After awhile of playing, Lisa finally got her first tip. Kenneth recognized him. He was that stupid fairy that hit on his mom at his dad's funeral! While he wanted to deck him one, Kenneth said nothing and continued his work until it was time to go home.


The next day was a bundle of mixed emotions. Lisa and Kenneth were happy to graduate and finally get their diplomas.


But unfortunately that night a burglar came to the house.


Thankfully the house had an alarm and while nothing was stolen...


The police were a little slow and stupid. The thief passed right by the officer and hoped in to a taxi. Literally. He apparently was a taxi driver. I will never trust a taxi driver again.


Despite the horrible event, Lisa convinced Kenneth to hold a house party and invite over his family.


This would be a good time to show of their new house. In the center is their inspiration room where they do all their artsy things. The room is surrounded by a garden sandwiched between the two parts of the house. The rest is fairly simple and there's even a nursery just in case Kenneth finds that special someone.


Kenneth ordered some pizza that was delivered just as his family was arriving.


"So then he just left and the cop didn't even bat an eye. She just apologized and said they couldn't catch him." "Whoa... I wonder if the burglar was an old co-worker of dad's..."


Meanwhile, Lisa took the time to talk with Allison outside. "So how are you doing? Are you getting a long okay?" Allison nodded. "I'm just fine dear... Emma was a little fussy about not getting her own fancy place. I had to remind her that it was her idea to 'make it on her own'. Though I did give her a little gift to make up for it."


"But I want to know how you two are doing. You're still getting along, right?" Lisa smiled. "Of course we are. Kenneth's been working on some drama book in between painting and sculpting. He's all over the place, it's a wonder he gets anything done." She laughed. "I've been working on my music and playing for tips to make a little extra money." Allison beamed at her. "I'm glad you two are doing well... Shall we go inside?"


Inside Kenneth was enjoying his pizza. He looks incredibly happy about it, doesn't he?


Afterward, he joined his siblings in the living room to play some video games. "So you're going to be an artist huh?" "You bet, Nick." "Haha! Eat my dust! Vroom! We should have totally gotten one of these as kids!" Emma joyfully ignored the boy's conversation.


Later Allison decided to join them. "Mom, you're going the wrong way." "How the heck do you move this thing..."


While Kenneth taught Allison how video games worked, Lisa jammed with Nick...


While Emma decided to try out the drums in the other room. "I so want some of these!"


The party was a hit and after everyone left, Kenneth went to work on his current sculpture.


He was overjoyed at his... table... Yeah, you're selling that.


The next day he decided to try his hand at painting Lisa while she played the piano. It did not come out well.


"Maybe I should try sculpting her instead..."


While Kenneth was failing at painting Lisa properly, she was out at the park. She decided that she wanted to start a band. So she went up to the first girl she saw and asked if she wanted to start a band with her.


While the question was a bit weird and sudden, she said yes anyway. Lisa's first band mate was Christie Beaty.




2 comments:

  1. I love the way the house is layed out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me forever with that thing, especially the roof. That thing was a nightmare! But I'm happy with the result.

      Delete