Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Dark Shadow

Birthday time! Who's birthday? Why momma Allison, that's who! This time Allison was able to have a party surrounded by family.



Allison looked a little disgusted with herself.


While Homer looked thrilled. Finally he wasn't the only old person!


I think she looks good as an old lady.


However happiness in the house was short lived. One morning after the kids were sent to school and Homer and Allison were having a discussion in the kitchen; Homer began to feel an odd sensation. It was death. Homer had finally died of old age. "Homer...? Homer no, what are you doing?"


Death's presence answered her question. She had seen him once before but it had been when a stray dog died. This was a person, this was her husband, her Homer. Allison could see their life together. Why she came there, how he changed, and all their beautiful children.


And with that... Homer was gone. Allison was alone, standing heartbroken in the kitchen.


The kids were pulled out of school early and a funeral service was held. Some people were sad while others were happy he was gone. But people came none the less.


Allison sobbed on Nicolas' shoulder. "I'm sorry you didn't get along... But he was good... And he loved you." "It's okay mom..." Nick rubbed her back. "I know he was..."


Allison went and payed her respects to Homer.


As Allison wiped her eyes, Branch Timbley came up to her and began to flirt! "Hey... You may think now that your husband's gone and age has caught up to you that you wont be able to find love again, but love just found you..." Allison nearly screamed. "How dare you! How dare you even think about such things at a time like this! My husband just died! Today! I'm standing on his grave, and you dare flirt with me!? Get off my property!"


Later that night after everyone left and the family was inside, Allison noticed Lisa wasn't in the house yet. She went outside to see her still crying over Homer's grave.


"Lisa... I thought you didn't like Homer..." "I didn't!" Lisa yelled out in anger and sadness. "But! But, even though he could be so mean he..." She sniffed. "He gave Kenneth that potion to make me real..."


Allison tried to console her. "I understand... Yes, he could be a difficult man and sometimes I hated him. But I loved him too... You can love and hate someone at the same time, I understand that all too well. I'm sure he's happy that Kenneth ended up with such a loving and kind friend as you. Now come inside... You'll catch cold."


Lisa wiped her eyes and sniffed. "Okay... Thank you..." Lisa gave her a weak smile and followed Allison inside.


Allison went and sat down next to Kenneth as he did his homework. "Kenneth... I was thinking of maybe selling the house. What do you think...?" Kenneth shook his head. "Mom, I don't know about that stuff... Maybe you should talk to Nick."


Allison went to find her oldest son. "Nick, I've been thinking... I have all my memories of Homer, here in this house. I don't know if I can stay here..."


"But mom, you can't live alone... And while Emma and Kenneth are close to being adults, they still have a lot of time left. Moving and then having to move out when they grow up will be too much." "But dear, I don't know if I can live out the rest of my days here..." Nicolas looked down. "How about this mom... My birthday's tomorrow... I'm going to move out. When Emma and Kenneth are all grown up, you can come live with me. I really don't want you living alone." "I'll just be a burden." Nick smiled. "Nonsense. I love you. You could never be a burden, mom."




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a sad day. I originally wasn't too broken up until I saw Alisson's face. Then I felt sooo bad.

      Delete