Saturday, October 20, 2012

Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Heaven's Door

As soon as Lisa had the time, she invited the girls over for practice. However she got quite the shock when they arrived. Not only was Faith an elder, so was Christie! I guess Kenneth dodged the bullet there. But Lisa was fed up. She had wanted a hip girl band but not only had they never gotten one gig, but her girls were aging before her eyes.



Lisa stopped the girls and told them of her frustration. They were upset but after some apologizing, everyone left feeling okay about the situation and the band breaking up.


Lisa walked in to the inspiration room looking rather down. "Hey Lisa, what's wrong? The girls couldn't make it?" She shook her head. "It's not that... I decided to break up the band. I guess you were right. I'm not cut out for the band life." Kenneth frowned before giving her a smile.


He took her in to his arms. "I never meant that you weren't good enough for it... In fact I think you can do better." Lisa blushed a little.


Kenneth stepped back to look at her more. "Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we go on a little date?" "Hmm? Isn't it getting kind of late?" He laughed. "Oh come on. Go get dressed up. We'll have some fun."


Lisa couldn't help but smile and quickly went off to get dressed in to her evening wear.


She then went to her mirror and gussied up a bit, making sure she looked nice for her date.


They soon arrived at the movie theater where they saw a great film. It was of course a romance movie but Lisa didn't mind. She knew Kenneth loved them.


Afterward they went to dinner across the street. Lisa yawned as they left, their bellies full of delicious, fancy food. "I'm beat, lets go home, huh?"


Kenneth smiled. "Well hold on a second, there's just one more thing I want to do. It wont take long, I promise." She shrugged. "Alright, lead the way." Kenneth drove her down to the fairy gardens and once they were at the park, pulled her aside.


Lisa looked perplexed as he knelt down. "Now... I know it's late and we're both exhausted but I thought this would be the best time." Kenneth cleared his throat. "Ms. Lisa del Saco... Would you do me the honor of becoming... well.. Mrs. Lisa del Saco?"


Lisa gasped as he pulled out a diamond ring. "Oh Kenneth! Really!? Yes! Yes I will! Oh Kenneth!"


Kenneth laughed as he placed the ring on Lisa's finger. She giggled excitedly. "It's just perfect! It fits and everything!" When Kenneth stood up she leaped in to his arms. They kissed and decided to head home. While they were both excited and happy, it was getting late in the night.


The next day Kenneth invited Nicolas and his mother over. He originally just wanted Allison over but she insisted on him inviting Nick too. While Nick and Lisa were talking about the engagement outside, Kenneth pulled his mother aside to tell her himself. "So, remember what I told you a while back about me thinking of asking Lisa to marry me?" Allison nodded. "Well... I asked her! And she said yes!"


Allison let out an excited squeal. "Really! Oh Kenneth! Who would have thought my youngest baby would be the one to get married first! I'm so happy for you!" Kenneth gave her a big smile. "Thanks mom... Hey, while you're here, would you mind letting me paint your portrait?" "Me? Well that would be lovely!"


Unfortunately, it was not a happy occasion. While Kenneth was discussing with Nicolas and his mother how he wanted to do the painting, Allison was over come with the same sensation that Homer had gone through. Death. It was shocking and very unexpected.


As the Grim Reaper came, Allison got on her knees and begged. "Please, please not yet! My son's just about to get married! Let me stay just a little longer!" Grim shook his head. "Sorry, ma'am, no can do. Maybe if you had died in a fire or something but old age has caught up with you. Time to go."


The boys were devastated. They had just watched their mother be taken away right before their eyes. Of course they were upset when Homer died but this was their mother, their true caregiver. And not only had she been taken from them, but right in front of them. What had meant to be a happy day, turned in to a bad one indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment