Sunday, October 21, 2012

Double Trouble

Kenneth quickly rushed out of the room to find Lisa. He immediately buried his face in to her shoulder. "Kenneth, what's wrong?" "Mom! She... Sh-she! She's gone! The Grim Reaper took her and now she's gone! What am I going t-to do...!?" "Oh Kenneth..."



Lisa took him by the shoulders. "Listen to me... I know this is hard, really hard, but it's going to be okay... She was getting on in age. But she was a lovely woman and I know she'd want you to be happy." "But I wanted her at o-our wedding and... And now she wont be there..." Lisa's eyes welled up a little with tears. "I know..."


Several hours later after the two were able to pull themselves together, Kenneth called Lisa in to the inspiration room. "Lisa... I was thinking... I had really, really wanted my mom at the wedding and all that and... It's just not going to feel the same without her. I know this is our special day, YOUR special day... But considering the circumstance... I was hoping we could instead put the money towards opening a family plot in the cemetery..."


Lisa nodded sadly. "Sure. I understand. I'm not really feeling like a big wedding either to be honest... Tomorrow we'll go see what we can do."


The next day the whole family took a trip to the graveyard to give her a proper place to rest and pay their respects. Even Ella was sad about her passing.


But eventually the sad overcast around the family broke. Kenneth and Lisa tied the knot out in their backyard.


Later that night the two were in a frisky mood. Perhaps it was the full moon. Or maybe it was that they were finally happily married.


Either way, they had a good night.


The following morning, however, Lisa was feeling really sick. However she only threw up once. Maybe it's a stomach virus, she thought.


However when a baby bump formed, she thought otherwise. "Yeah, Ella... I think so too... I guess we should go tell Kenneth."


After changing in to some better clothes, Lisa went in to the inspiration room. "Just one last bit and... done! Not bad, if I say so myself..." "Umm... Kenneth?"


Kenneth turned to face her and smiled. "Well, well... That's a nice dress you have on. Is there a special occasion?" Lisa cleared her throat. "Sorta, uh, I have to ask...tell... speak to you." "Okay, shoot."


"Umm, well I was wondering if you knew that imaginary friends could have babies. Because I certainly didn't." Kenneth shook his head. "No. I guess I should call up Ajax and warn him, huh?" He laughed. "No, Kenneth, listen."


"What I mean is... Well... I'm pregnant..."


Kenneth stood their stunned for a minute. "You're... You're pregnant...?" She nodded.


Kenneth suddenly looked very excited. "That means I'm going to be a father! I'm going to have a baby! We're going to have a baby!" Lisa was surprised by his reaction and couldn't help but smile. "That's right..."


During her pregnancy, Lisa made sure to take good care of herself and read up about babies and motherhood. After all, she had no idea what she was doing. Kenneth thought this was a good idea and later read up on it as well once Lisa was done with the books.


Lisa's hormones were going wild. If it wasn't ice cream and spaghetti she wanted, it was Kenneth. He didn't mind though. Not one bit.


One day while at the spa, Lisa spotted a new park across the way. She decided to go check it out. After all, she was going to want to spend plenty of time out with the baby. It was a nice park. A big playground, a picnic table area with grills, chess tables, even a band spot in the center. And even better was a spot for pets to hang out. That meant that Ella could come with them too!


Lisa decided to hop on stage and play for tips. It had been awhile since she had gone out and played for people. She had a blast and even formed a small audience.


That night, however, Lisa got a horrible pain as she and Kenneth were heading to bed. "Ohhh! Kenneth...! I think the baby's coming...!"


"What!? Oh god! We have to get you to the hospital!"


"No! No! I didn't even know imaginary friends could have babies! What if other people didn't know either! What if the baby turns out like me!? They'll take them and do experiments on them!" Kenneth let out a noise. "But Lisa...!" "We're not going!"


After hours of pain, pushing, and bleeding, Lisa finally gave birth to not one but two baby girls. The first girl was named Pearl, after The Girl With The Pearl Earring, painting. She was born with the traits Brave and Couch potato. Interesting combination... The other girl was named Lilly after Monet's paintings called Water Lillies. She was born with the traits Heavy Sleeper and Genius. Lisa was exhausted after the ordeal and Kenneth was left to put the babies to bed.


Both girls slept soundly in the other room. They both had Lisa's skin color. I wonder what else they may have inherited?




1 comment:

  1. I doubt those babies are going to be ugly at all - lol

    ReplyDelete