Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rock Out Loud

  In the morning, Lisa whispered to Kenneth in the kitchen. "Guess what... I started a band!" Kenneth laughed a little. "Really?" "Yeah, want to join?"



Kenneth got an odd look on his face. "I don't know... What's it called?" "The Darling Dolls." "Yeah, no. I'm not joining a chick band." Lisa pouted. "Aww..."


"But don't worry, I'll support you." Lisa smiled. "Good. I'm going to go out and find some more band mates." "Heh, have fun."


Lisa went back to the park to find two more band mates. The first one was Marigold Maldano.


And the second was Faith McDuff. Apparently they were both in the cooking career.


Afterward, Lisa went to city hall to sign up as a registered band.


Later she came home and invited the girls over to practice. Unfortunately Faith couldn't come, but they played anyway while Kenneth watched.


Later that night, Lisa went down to the local bar and played for tips up on the stage. Once she got a good haul, she went back home to find Kenneth watching TV.


"You're always watching romance movies. I have to wonder if you're not secretly a romantic..."


"How'd playing for tips go?" "Good... Hey I was thinking... You haven't had a girlfriend. In fact, you've barely talked to any girls other than me and your family. I think you should try chatting it up with some girls." "What...?"


"I saw you looking at Christie... You should try and hook up with her." "I don't know... I'm not really comfortable doing stuff like that..."


"Besides. Why do you care?" Lisa smiled. "I'm just looking out for your well being and happiness." Kenneth rolled his eyes. "I'm going to bed."


As Kenneth got up, the TV broke. "Aww, heck... I just bought this... I guess I'll repair it later.."


Lisa and Kenneth worked in the inspiration room quite a bit. Lisa often played music for Kenneth while he worked. It calmed him and helped inspire his work.


One day they were outside playing with their new Gnubb set when Lisa struck up a conversation. "Hey Kenneth, you should have Christie over and talk with her."


"Uh, I don't know." "Oh come on! I'll invite the girls over and you can have a chat with her. I'll go do that now!" Lisa ran off in to the house. "Er, Lisa, wait!"


Christie was the first to arrive and thanks to Lisa's coaxing, Kenneth properly introduced himself. "Uh, hi I'm Kenneth, Lisa's roommate?" "Oh yeah! I remember you."


The two spent some time getting to know each other and telling stories. They discussed work and the band and even their favorite colors.



Eventually Kenneth got up the courage to ask her if she was single. Indeed she was. Kenneth's heart skipped a beat but Lisa was now ready to get practice under way. He smiled at Christie and let her go before answering the door.


Faith was the only other to arrive... And she was old! I suppose it wasn't all bad but night fell just as Kenneth let her in to the house.


And then she turned in to a zombie and headed straight for Kenneth.


Kenneth, however, thought this was some sort of game and played along.


He even laughed at her!


Lisa was quite concerned but let Faith join them. She supposed it wouldn't be so bad as long as they didn't get gigs booked on the full moon. That is, if they ever got a gig. Kenneth even decided to fill the fourth spot and play along with them.


Many days later in the morning, Lisa looked over at Kenneth sadly as she read the paper. "Kenneth... I still haven't gotten a gig. Not one. I've answered every phone call and even looked in the newspaper and there's nothing." Kenneth gave her an encouraging smile. "Don't worry, Lisa. I'm sure things will look up. Just have faith."


Later he decided to paint a portrait of Lisa in hopes to cheer her up. This time it came out far better. However he didn't want her to see it quite yet and hid it away.




3 comments:

  1. I thought Kenneth and Lisa would end up together - or will they in the future??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenneth should marry lisa she's pretty

    ReplyDelete