Wednesday, October 3, 2012

If I Must...


When morning came about, Allison went inside Homer's cabin. After all, if she was going to be trapped here, she deserved some breakfast. And what a breakfast it was. Uck... This man cooks as bad as he looks... But I might as well eat what he has... While Allison sat as far from Homer as possible and ate her breakfast, she spoke out to him. "So... I get I'm a prisoner and all, but I have work later today that I would really like to get to. You know a job? Where I make money?"


Homer was deep in thought and Allison was about to speak up again in case he didn't hear her, when he suddenly spoke. "Well lets see... If you clean up my house and do all the chores around here, then I guess I can let you leave to go to work. But you have to come back." Was he serious? Allison could just leave and never come back. Yes he was serious, Homer didn't always think things through.


After Allison was done eating her gross, burnt, mac and cheese, she stood up and walked over to the table where old dirty dishes were. "You know what? Fine. You got a deal." She then proceeded to clean up the rest of the house.


Homer was a little shocked, it worked! His very own house keeper. But maybe she could be something more. If he played his cards right, Allison could be own darling, devoted wife! Oh Homer, you sly dog you...


Later that night after Homer and Allison went to their jobs, Allison not only came back, but made dinner too. She had a plan up her sleeve. It wasn't exactly a perfect plan, but it would work. Homer came home wondering why the house had been changed but Allison told him she'd tell him over dinner.


Once they sat down to dinner, Allison told him the good news. "You know, I was thinking, since I'm a prisoner and all that, why don't I just become your roommate? I've already sold my house and that's why this house is all changed. I used the money I had to add on two bedrooms." Homer coughed on his food. "Wh-what?" "Yep!" Homer cleared his throat. This wasn't quite what he wanted. If she annoyed him too much, he'd be able to kick her out to her own home. But now that her plan complicated things. Then again, this would make it easier for him to try and woo his way in to her heart. He nodded. "Yes, well... Just don't get in my way..."


Allison had added on to the house while Homer was at work earlier and before she herself had to leave. Yes, a house can be built that quickly, apparently.


She had even bought herself a crystal ball to practice on while at home. That night after dinner, Allison decided to try and tell her own fortune. The crystal ball told her that a suitor would soon come in to her life. This excited her but before her thoughts could dwell on it, Homer burst in to her room.


Before Allison could shoo him out, Homer began to try and worm his way in to her heart. But before he could even get an entire romantic line in, Allison let out a disgusted groan."Oh please! Don't even try!" Whoa look at that hair!


"Not only are you a disgusting, hairy beast, but you are the most mean, evil being I have ever had the displeasure of knowing! Just because I moved in here, doesn't mean I like you, nor does it mean I have to like you!" See? She thinks he's hairy too. Typically Homer would lash out at someone who would dare talk to him that way. However he was a bit distraught by her reaction. He hadn't expected her to be quite so unreceptive and was actually upset. Homer had really begun to think he and Allison would have a chance together.


While Homer stood flabbergasted, Allison grabbed her purse. "I'm going to the spa, don't wait up." She stormed out of the house and hailed a taxi. "To the spa please..."


Homer slowly left the room and sat down by the front door. He stared at it as he thought and thought and thought some more. Careful, Homer, you might cause steam to come out your ears. Suddenly he had an idea! Allison was part of that whole hocus pocus thing around town, maybe there was a hocus pocus item that might sway her feelings in his favor. He decided that tomorrow he would set out to the alchemy shop and see if they had something that might help him.

1 comment: