Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Smells Like Wet Dog

Alexander went to his first day of school in smelly protest.



Thankfully when he got home he took a shower before doing his homework in the kitchen where Pearl was working on her book and Lilly was reading up for her job. It was a nice family moment.


When Alexander left to go play, Pearl decided to write Sahan a little love letter. Some how she was able to do this while ignoring Lilly's stink.


The following morning after Lilly and Alexander went off to work and school respectively, Pearl nervously called up Sahan. "Hey umm... Would you like to hang out with me today?" "Sure! I'd love to!"


Pearl met Sahan down at the karaoke bar where he greeted her with a big smile. "Pearl! I'm so glad you called me. I was thinking of inviting you out but I was afraid I might jump the gun."


"I was kind of nervous about calling you up but... Well I'll tell you about that later. For now, let's go have some fun."


The two started out by singing karaoke. They were horrible but don't they look so cute?


After they were done, they decided to head upstairs to play some pool. "Prepare yourself, Sahan. I'm going to beat your butt." He smirked. "Ohh, I don't know about that. We'll just have to see."


Pearl was first to break.


Nice! I could never get as many balls in as she did. Heck, I can hardly break up the group.


Pearl ran the table for awhile before missing a shot. "Well, I guess I should give you a chance to play anyway." Pearl gave him a smug look. "Yeah, yeah."


"Just you wait. You're gonna wish you didn't miss that shot."


Pearl snorted as she watched him play. "Yeah right. Bring it on, wolfie!"


Sahan let out a deep laugh before giving her a serious look. "Now don't go saying something you'll regret...! We werewolves are very serious about our games."


Pearl raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Well it appears it's still your turn."


"I was getting to it!"


After their pool game, the two decided to take some goofy pictures to remember the night by.


They were beginning to get hungry so they went on down to the bistro nearby for a bite to eat.


When they were done eating, Pearl decided to drive Sahan home. It was getting late and a frost had fallen, making it chilly.


Pearl was taken by surprise as she was invited in. It wasn't the werewolf mother scratching herself that surprised Pearl. No, it was the rich interior. This made her nervous. What if deep down he was like Jaycen? But Pearl pushed that out of her mind for now and went home after saying goodnight.


The next morning as Alexander ran to the school bus, he yelled back to the house. "Mom! There's some guy standing out here in the rain!"


Curious, Pearl came out, although she didn't realize her umbrella was busted. "Sahan? What are you doing out here?"


Sahan laughed nervously. "Well... I kind of felt bad about you driving me home last night. I mean, that's supposed to be my job. I wanted to make it up to you but when I got here I didn't know what I was going to do. So I was just kind of.. out here thinking." Pearl gave him a sympathetic smile. He was sweet albeit awkward.


"Uh, by the way... Your umbrella has some holes in it..." Pearl looked up and laughed. "Yeah. I guess we're both soaking wet now. Let's head inside."


Once inside, Pearl gave him a big hug. "I'm glad you came. Make yourself at home while I finish up my morning chores." "Okay."


Sahan sat down on the couch to read a book where Lilly was playing video games since she was off work. "You're dripping all over the couch." "Yeah... sorry about that..."


When Pearl finished getting dressed after her shower, Sahan stepped in. "Hey... Since your boys at school, maybe we could... spend a little time together?"


Pearl smiled sadly. "Tempting... But I don't think I can." He blinked. "Why not?"


Pearl told him all about Jaycen and how Alexander came to be.


When she was done, she looked down sadly, afraid of what he might say. Sahan watched her. "I'm so sorry... I understand. We can take it slow and do whatever you like. That is... If you still want me around." Pearl looked up at him and smiled. "Of course I do..."


While Pearl didn't want to go too far, she had no problems having a little personal time on the couch.


Later they decided to top the night off with a little dancing.


Lilly kept Alex out of the house and busy by having a water balloon fight with him until it was time for bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment