Sunday, November 25, 2012

Generation 4: A Rocky Start

Right after graduation, Alex bought himself a home. His mom didn't have much money to give him but he was able to get the little boat house his mom and aunt had once considered when moving to Lucky Palms. Alex was so excited, he didn't even take off his graduation robe.



Since he often watched the cooking channel and cooked from time to time, Alex went ahead and made some grilled cheese.


Unfortunately the stove thought he was unworthy and caught on fire. "No! No, no, no! I just moved in!"


"Don't look at me! Put out the fire! Put out the fire, woman!" Luckily all that burned was the stove. With what money he had left along with the insurance money, he bought a much better stove.


That night Ukpop dropped on by to congratulate him on the new house.


Alex was happy she came but made her promise she wouldn't abduct him again. She agreed but made no promises for other aliens.


The following day, Alex went down to the karaoke bar to speak to the proprietor. "Hey. I was wanting to get in to the singing career. I was told you're the woman to go to."


"That's right! I can get you hooked up but don't expect to be singing in my club any time soon. You'll be waaayy down in the totem pole for quite some time. Think you can handle that?" "You bet! I wont be down for long, I promise you that."


After he got some equipment and his new uniform, he went outside to sing for tips. But soon he was called away to deliver a sing-o-gram. Yes! First customer! And his first customer was none other than...


His mom. That was sweet of her and she loved Alex's little performance.


Alex ran around the whole day like a chicken with his head cut off. While passing by city hall on the way to another customer, he saw these people. They were either fighting for yeti rights or to get rid of them but either way, they were a very passionate crowd.


Days on end, Alex was running around filling orders. He'd wake up in the morning, get ready, scarf down some food, and love on Toby before running out the door. After singing a gram nearby, he saw this poor lady.


While he didn't get payed for it, he sang her a gram anyway just to cheer her up. She was very grateful.


That night Alex went to bed exhausted. "I'm going to need a day off soon... This job's running me ragged."


A few days and a promotion later, Alex left for work. However he hugged Toby extra tight today. Toby was an elder when he found him and he knew his time would be coming soon. He was fearful that the grim reaper was going to take him while he was gone. "You're a good boy, Toby. You're a good boy..."


As the season changed to fall, Alex decided to take some time off and see Melanie. He invited her out for a date down at the festival grounds.


"Alex! Oh I'm so glad to see you. I had thought you might of forgotten about me..." "Not at all.. To be honest I was a little afraid to be around you since you were still a teen. I didn't want your parents running me off."


The two went to do their own thing for a little bit and Alex decided to brave the haunted house once more. This time he didn't come out screaming but still enjoyed himself quite a bit.


Afterward, Melanie challenged Alex to a pie eating contest.


Melanie wins! Still no luck, huh Alex? Maybe it's that neat trait of yours holding you back.


The two got cleaned up and headed down to the movie theater. Hey look, Alex, it's one of your least favorite people, Sahan! Hopefully you're not going to be in the same room. Melanie loved the date but she was tired afterward and needed to go home. Alex could have swore her heard her humming 'Hear Comes The Bride' as she was getting in to the cab.


Alex came home to see a freezer bunny on a llama. I saw money on a llama. Kaching!


The next morning Alex was forced to give Toby a bath in his new shower. For a small dog that hardly leaves the house, he can work up one powerful stench.


Between jobs, he went down to the coffee house and auditioned for a gig. The lady loved him and agreed to have him perform there. Alex had to jet though as his phone was buzzing with more jobs.


Unfortunately his worst fears came true. Toby passed away while he was at work and even the great plumbob in the sky didn't see it.


Alex came home and cried his heart out when he saw the little urn sitting by his bed.


The next morning while he was checking his mail, Alex got a phone call. "Hello...?" "Hello, is this Alexander Diwan?" "Uh, yeah..." I forgot I took on Sahan's last name when mom got married. Oh well, del Saco kind of sounds like a disease... "We at the science facility have heard of your terrible loss and thought that we could perhaps help. We have been working on a machine that could possibly bring back the dead." Alex grunted. "Did my Aunt Lilly put you up to this?" "Ms. del Saco? No, no, she's in another department. No son, this is a very real offer. If you would like to take part, come down whenever you like and bring your loved one's ashes." Alex stared at the phone after hanging up. Bring Toby back...? I suppose I wouldn't have much to lose...


Bringing Toby back, however was going to have to wait. Tonight was his first gig. Alex did horribly but he was too anxious about getting his dog back to care.


When he was done, he ran down to the science facility, even though he should have been at home getting sleep.


Things didn't quite go as planned as Toby came back as a ghost.


But Alex didn't care. "Toby! I have you back! Who's my good boy! Who's my ghost doggy!" He gasped. "I wonder if you can have ghost puppies!"


A few days later, Alex got a call from Melanie inviting him over for a costume party. "Yar, well shiver me timbers. That's some fine booty I'd like to plunder."


Melanie gave him a sly smile. "Oh? But you don't even know what sort of 'booty' this treasure chest holds..."


Alex leaned in and whispered to her. "No, but I'd be willin' ta find out..."


Oh yeah, woohoo in a pirate hat.


After a great time at the party, *cough*, Alex decided to throw a feast party. It was supposed to be a family and friends party but some other people crashed it like this guy. At least he brought yummy food.


Lilly! Looking fine in your old age, if I do say so myself.


And Pearl is stunning!


Melanie arrived as well but when she went to get some food, an overwhelming sickness got a hold of her. Uh oh...


Downstairs, Alex gave his mom a big hug. "Hi honey! It's so good to see you!" "Hey, don't I get a hug?" Alex flashed Lilly a glare. "You'd probably stick a 'kick me' sign on my back." Lilly grinned.


Alex went and got some shrimp cocktail and brought it to Melanie when he saw the odd look on her face and the fact that she had changed pants. "Melanie? You hadn't eaten yet so I brought you some food..."


"Thanks." She flashed him a small smile and began to eat.


Alex sighed. "Melanie, what's wrong? Did I do something? I can get you something else if you don't like it. I'll even cook something for you if you want." Melanie smiled and put the plate down.


"No... It's great it's just... Alex... I think I'm pregnant."


Alex glanced back at his mother. And spoke in a hushed tone. "What? Are you serious?" Melanie nodded. Alex was stunned and couldn't think of what to say. Melanie simply smiled, looking so calm and collected. "It's okay, Alex. Things like this happen. If you don't mind though, I think I'm going to head home for now. I'm feeling pretty icky." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and left after chatting with some of the guests so as not to seem rude. How can she be so calm about this...? I'm no better than my father... Alexander frowned. No, I am better, because I'm going to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment